Please Login or Register!

Black Dagger Brotherhood

:: Off Topic :: Books

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post  Linzy on March 28th 2010, 7:54 pm

Hello ladies I am on book 3, I just stopped in to say I am completely enamored with Rhage. Love Eyes
The sacrifices they are willing to make for their mates astounds me!
Thanks for introducing me to these books, I am hooked! cheers
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on March 28th 2010, 7:55 pm

Excellent, Renee!! And I didn't see "pussy" once. Good for you!! Razz
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on March 31st 2010, 11:25 am

OK - BDBH ladies -

We are moving on to Lover Avenged with Rehvenge.

I was going through all the books reports, and realized that everyone has done at least 1 report (except for Renee, who has done 2). BTW - really missing Val :cry:

I can do the report for this one, unless someone really, really wants it.

What day looks good for everyone?
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy on March 31st 2010, 5:27 pm

Linzy wrote:Hello ladies I am on book 3, I just stopped in to say I am completely enamored with Rhage. Love Eyes
The sacrifices they are willing to make for their mates astounds me!
Thanks for introducing me to these books, I am hooked! cheers

Linzy, you need to join our Sunday chats!
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on March 31st 2010, 6:44 pm

I would love to Fairy, but I am only on Lover Revealed and I don't want to get spoiled.
But I am willing to talk about the books I have read and my man Rhage.
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy on March 31st 2010, 6:54 pm

Well hurry up then! We'd love to have you.
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on March 31st 2010, 6:56 pm

Linzy wrote:I would love to Fairy, but I am only on Lover Revealed and I don't want to get spoiled.
But I am willing to talk about the books I have read and my man Rhage.

Linzy, Rhage is my man too. He is so freaking fabulous! If you look back through the thread you'll find my report on his book.

Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on March 31st 2010, 6:59 pm

I know Renee, isn't he great! I read Lover Eternal twice already! I love him.
I will definitely go back and read your report.

I am trying to catch up Fairy, I promise. study
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB on March 31st 2010, 8:42 pm

Anytime that ya'll set up I will try to be there. I am working A WHOLE LOT in the next few weeks but I get off at 7pm so I can at least jump in for a few minutes. Sorry I am not as active as I would like to be....work is just so consuming right now.
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on April 1st 2010, 12:13 am

Only1JenB wrote:Anytime that ya'll set up I will try to be there. I am working A WHOLE LOT in the next few weeks but I get off at 7pm so I can at least jump in for a few minutes. Sorry I am not as active as I would like to be....work is just so consuming right now.

Not a problem darlin' we thought that was the issue for our Puss err Phury discussion. LOL

Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on April 5th 2010, 12:33 am

I am finally on V's story.
My eyes hurt from reading these books. I don't want to put these books down that I stay up so late all the time.
But, who needs sleep, right? Very Happy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on April 5th 2010, 6:06 am

Linzy wrote:I am finally on V's story.
My eyes hurt from reading these books. I don't want to put these books down that I stay up so late all the time.
But, who needs sleep, right? Very Happy

So very true Linzy. I can't wait for JM's story to be released on the 27th of this month! bounce

Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on April 5th 2010, 1:45 pm

When it comes to the BDBH, sleep is unnecessary!

So for Lover Avenged, how about this Sunday, 8 p.m. est?
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on April 5th 2010, 1:52 pm

Works for me Sugar. Hubby's doing the 4 to 12 shift so I can drool without his commentary.

Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on April 5th 2010, 3:05 pm

Gah!! Isn't that annoying? Everytime I giggle, blush, twitch - he's like "What's happening now?" or "What did you say?" etc, etc etc.

Shut it and leave me alone!!

22 days and counting for Lover Mine!!!!! bounce bounce bounce
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB on April 6th 2010, 10:57 pm

SugarMags wrote:Gah!! Isn't that annoying? Everytime I giggle, blush, twitch - he's like "What's happening now?" or "What did you say?" etc, etc etc.

That is SOOOOO GS! "What did they say?" "What are you talking about now?" OMG I can just SOOOO can't wait!!
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed on April 7th 2010, 3:02 am

Only1JenB wrote:
SugarMags wrote:Gah!! Isn't that annoying? Everytime I giggle, blush, twitch - he's like "What's happening now?" or "What did you say?" etc, etc etc.

That is SOOOOO GS! "What did they say?" "What are you talking about now?" OMG I can just SOOOO can't wait!!

Rolling Eyes

Magister
Magister

http://truebloodcouncil.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy on April 7th 2010, 5:44 pm

Count me in for Sunday. Very Happy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on April 8th 2010, 3:08 am

I just finished V's story.
Rhage is still my man, but I am seriously crushing on V right now. I love you

Last edited by Linzy on April 8th 2010, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on April 8th 2010, 11:25 am

Linzy wrote:I just finished V's story.
Rhage is still my man, but I seriously crushing on V right now. I love you

I know it's pushing it, but we'd love to have you for Lover Avenged (Rehvenge's story) Sunday Night!

Remember everyone: 19 days 'till "Lover Mine"!! bounce bounce bounce Bloody Vamp
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on April 11th 2010, 7:18 pm

OK guys, here it is... Just be warned that I wrote this in a NyQuil-induced haze.

LOVER AVENGED

Lover Avenged, by J.R. Ward is the seventh novel in the “Black Dagger Brotherhood” series. It centres on Rehvenge, half-sympath brother to Bella, and Elhena, a nurse fallen on hard times at Haver’s clinic. Also in this novel there are sub-plots involving Wrath and Beth dealing with the stress of kingship and Wrath’s ever-increasing blindness. John-Matthew is prominent as well, coming to terms with Tohr’s return and his feelings for Xhex.
Revenge is half sympath. That means he thrives on emotions, especially strong, violent ones. Sympaths in the vampire world are feared and despised. They are completely segregated from the vampire population. To suppress the evil, violent tendencies of his sympath side, Rehvenge has to constantly inject dopamine. This causes him to be unable to feel anything. He is also constantly cold, always wearing a fur coat, even in the middle of summer. He is an incredible study in contrasts – his symapth side so evil, and his vampire side incredibly noble. He does such evil things to protect those he cares for. He is a pimp, drug dealer, a bookie all to support his mother, and keep her in the lifestyle he feels she deserves. He whores himself out to the symapth princess to keep his and Xhex’s secret safe. What is also revealed in this book is that the princess is also Rehv’s half-sister, and Rehv is in line for the Throne of the sympaths. The princess demands Rehv’s sexual services once a month as well as a small fortune in rubies. In exchange, she does not reveal to the vampire world that Rehv and Xhex are sympaths.
Rehv also longs for a “normal” life – a shellan, and to be free of what he has become. His desires come to the forefront when he meets Elhena, a nurse in Haver’s clinic. In her, he senses the same disconnect that he feels with life. Elehena is a former member of the glymera, has fallen on hard times, and is the sole support of her father, who suffers from schizophrenia. She also longs for a normal life, but, has to put it on hold in order to care for her father. Their fortune was swindled by another family member, and her engagement to a male of the glymera ended in scandal. She is terrified by Rehv, but also attracted to him. What is amazing about their relationship is that they both feel that neither deserves the other. Elhena sees Rehv as above her in social standing, and doesn’t understand why he would want a penniless nobody. Rehv feels he doesn’t deserve Elhena because she is so noble. He feels dirty for what he has to do with the Princess and in the club. This is reflected by how he cleans himself with the nasty Dial soap. He also hides is sympath side from Elhena. He tells her he is impotent. Which to a certain extent is true? The dopamine he constantly injects leaves his entire body numb. But, his powerful vampire half comes to the forefront when he and Elhena are together. He needs to hide his “barb” – a dead giveaway that he is a sympath. The princess eventually finds out about the love between Elhena and Rehv, and reveals all of his dirty secrets to Elhena. Feeling hurt, used and betrayed, she leaves him. He returns to the Symapth commune so that no-one is hurt by either him or the princess.
Also in this novel, Wrath and Beth are having their own problems. Wrath has been going out and fighting lesser without anyone else’s knowledge. Well, except for Butch who is on clean-up detail. V finally finds out, and forces him to tell the rest of the brotherhood and Beth. Beth is enraged. She is not upset about the fact he is fighting. She points out to him that she married him as a warrior, expecting him to fight. Beth is hurt that Wrath lied and hid the truth from her for several months. She has to leave for a while to collect her thoughts. Wrath is devastated, and finally realizes that he was wrong in not including her in every aspect of his life. Beth finally forgives him, and Wrath learns to share everything with her. Wrath is also dealing with increasingly severe headaches. He eventually loses his eyesight completely, which for a warrior like him, is devastating. Wrath struggles with the feeling that he’s becoming useless and weak. Asking for help comes slowly to him. Through Beth, he picks up the kingship again, finally getting rid of the “pansy-ass” chair and desk, and bringing in his father’s furniture.
John Matthew also goes through a lot in this book. With the return of Tohr, John hopes that finally the stability he so longs for is returning. But, Tohr needs to heal himself before he can be the father figure John needs. With the help of Lassiter the angel, Tohr steps past the pain of Wellsie’s death and returns to the brotherhood. I have to give a shout out to the scene between Lassiter, Tohr and Rhage in the entertainment room. I actually laughed out loud over the whole thing!! John also is dealing with his feelings for Xhex. He finds out she is a sympath after a particularly hurtful session with Tohr. That night they have sex but it is quick and not at all loving. He is hurt because he feels she is rejecting him and she doesn’t want to get close to him after the mess with Mhurder, a former Brother. Somehow, she cannot stay away. After this double blow, John turns to booze and prostitutes to forget the hurt. (Here, I have to say that I really want to give John a real slap upside the back of the head!)
When Rehv fakes his own death and returns to the sympathy colony, everyone believes he is truly dead. Eventually, Elhena figures it out, and recruits Xhex to help get him back. Xhex, in turn, turns to the Brotherhood. Wrath does not hesitate to help them get Rehv out of the sympathy colony. All of the Brothers turn out for the rescue. Lash turns up to everyone’s surprise – and has an all-out battle with Rhage’s dragon. V, Z, Xhex, and Elhena go to the bowels of the colony to find Rehvenge. During the chaos of the rescue, the princess and Rehv’s uncle are killed, leaving him as the new sympath king, a title he does not want. Lash also kidnaps Xhex, to replace his lost princess sex toy.
Elhena and Rehv get their HEA. Rehv returns to Caldwell, but not to his old life. Wrath asks him to take up the reins of the sympathy colony, so that someone he trusts is in charge up there. John realizes his true feelings for Xhex, and promises to bring her back.
This is probably my favourite novel of the BDBH. I love Rehv’s true dual nature. He is so bad – but for a really good reason. He truly longs for a normal life and a real connection to someone. He finds that in Elhena, who is also without a true connection in the world. They latch onto each other, and give the other what they are truly longing for.
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB on April 11th 2010, 9:03 pm

Nice review and great chat tonight ladies! I can't wait for APRIL 26TH!! bounce Rock On

Worship JR WARD!!!
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on April 12th 2010, 8:57 am

I think we should do a speculation night Suspect on the 25 in preparation for "Lover Mine"...

What do you guys think?
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on April 12th 2010, 2:35 pm

I would love to join now that I have finally finished Lover Avenged.
I thought I could finish in time in last night to chat with you all, but I was too tired and this book was way longer than the others. Not that I am complaining.
I can't wait for Lover Mine.
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags on April 12th 2010, 3:16 pm

Linzy wrote:I would love to join now that I have finally finished Lover Avenged.
I thought I could finish in time in last night to chat with you all, but I was too tired and this book was way longer than the others. Not that I am complaining.
I can't wait for Lover Mine.

We'd love to have you join us!! bounce
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top