http://black-celebration.net/caps/thumbnails.php?album=4035

Can't wait to do some siggys tonight bounce

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3.04 – 9 Crimes

Post  Aslinn Dhan on July 12th 2010, 11:46 am

Okay, I am going to get to Eric and Bill in a minute, I want to talk about the other stories we are seeing, before I get into the two most compelling stories of the episode.

Sam and his fam:

Can Sam get any deeper in the shit? I think he can. The Michens are like Cox's Army, they have come in to settle and eat Sam out of house and home. But to what ends? And how complicit is Ma Michen in the deal? And will Tommy be able to break free form this situtation without getting Sam killed?

Jason:

When did Jason get so devious? When did he get so mean? Really, black mailing Andy to get on the police force? I fear no good will come from it.

Calvin and Hot Shot:

I still don't like the way they playing Calvin as a whiskey tango head of clan out at Hot Shot. I know we really need to separate the books from the show, and maybe this is thought to be far more dramatic, but really, making the Hot Shot clan a bunch of ne'er do wells instead of just an isolated bunch of shifters bothers me.

Alcide:

So far, I hate to say this, but he really hasn't impressed me. He is so hot and cold all the time and he doesn't really know how to take a stand and be a wolf...maybe not an alpha...but a wolf who is best equipped to help Sookie. She can't depend on him to be able to protect her.

Tara and Franklin:

This situation is really icky. The only thing I really appreciate about Franklin is that he tied Tara to the loo with her pants down in case she had to pee. The thing with the flowers and all that and his weird attempts at chatting with her has left me cold. I think he needs a stake through his heart too.

Jessica at Merlotte's:

That could be a cool situation and interesting, but I think they are dragging around with this story a little. They need to move it up a little. But, after all, they have bigger fish fry with the Bill/Eric story line.

Bill and Eric:

Bill:

I think the most disturbing thing about this whole thing is the way Bill is taking his position in this role he is being forced to play. I cringed listening to him say the eff word in his sweet soft voice. Gone is the gentleman Vampire and before us stands the vicious Vampire Lorena eventually made him be. He has even changed his wardrobe to darker colors that make him more menacing and far colder. We know everything he does is to protect Sookie and to kill Lorena, but he has had to revert back to the old ways of doing things. The procuring of humans, his inability to refuse to join in on the vicious feeding in the end, his obvious sensing of Sookie's fear when she was at Lou Pines was painful

Then you have the fact that Bill has mentioned Eric Northman. I think he wants Eric in Mississippi, not to endanger him but to help him. I think Bill knows he is in danger and he needs Eric's help.

Eric:

Eric is in a shit load of trouble too. The Queen has given him up to the Magister to save her own hide. But let's back up a bit.

Eric is becoming fascinated with Sookie, so much so he is fantasizing about her. Eric suspects she is something more, but he doesn't know what. It was odd how he fantasized that she could smell his memories and his past. Is he using his contact with her to allow himself to remember his human life? Is she the conduit to allow him to feel things he has not felt in centuries. It would not surprise me. Bill did the same thing, recapturing his humanity through his feelings for her.

Then nothing can be as painful as seeing Eric's eyes when he saw the Magister torturing Pam. The obvious image that to lose a child is pain no one can describe is what makes me fear for Eric. That is why I don't blame Pam or Eric for giving up Bill.

Bill and Eric's Intentions:

Bill and Eric I believe have forged a partnership between them though they do not know it yet. I think it is a matter which will come down to both helping each other and the both of them coming up with a tale that will get them both out of the trouble they both face.

What will interest me is whether the King of Mississippi and the Queen of Louisiana both will suck on sunlight. After all, they both desecrated the blood.

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

TB writers talk about Episode 4

Post  Fairy on July 12th 2010, 11:48 am

INSIDE EPISODE 3.04

TB writers talk about Bill and Episode 4. Check it out!
http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/episodes/3/28-9-crimes/video/inside-the-episode.html?autoplay=true&cmpid=ABC162
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister on July 12th 2010, 12:14 pm

Well, I have agreed with everyone thus far.

Sweet and Wild...I think Bill's harshness was definitely justified. He is trying to hurt her as much as possible to get her to stay away from him. He is trapped and he has to be the one to get himself out. He thinks he is saving her life. Believe me, I would say just about anything, even if I tore their heart out, to keep them safe.

I am intrigued by this thing with Eric. Why would he fantacise about Sookie smelling the North Sea on him, and smelling his memories? Can Sookie do that? Or is that somethng he senses about her as he is an ancient vampire?

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out for Tara and Franklin. Seems quite a bad situation.

Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy on July 12th 2010, 2:24 pm

Aslinn, I so agree with you, especially about Bill and Eric's intentions. I don't think Bill is trying to sell out Eric, and I do believe Eric will ultimately help Bill. There is even a screen cap (below) showing Eric drinking a glass of blood in a fancy dining room, which appears now to be Russell's dining room. We know from the books that Eric does go to Mississippi, but AB may not arrange it the same way.

I still think it may be Russell who tipped off the Magister, but QSA was equally motivated. Russell didn't seem to know much about Eric until Lorena mentioned his name (another reason I'd like to stake Lorena myself, but will leave the honors to Bill) and Bill told him about SA having Eric sell the blood.

I also agree that Alcide needs to "grow some kahonies," as Andy told Jason. However, I think we may see a change in him soon. If not, AB has wasted a great character.

Everyone is in so much trouble!

Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy on July 12th 2010, 8:04 pm

In the 3.02 episode thread, someone brought up the fact that Talbot mentions Russell having the bleeds twice during the week. It may be connected to all the V Russell donates to the weres, but it may also be that Russell is spending too much time scheming and planning and not enough time resting. The more I see him the less I like him. Apparently AB is keeping the nature of this character close to the books. He is a scumbag.
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan on July 12th 2010, 9:06 pm

Another thing I noticed. When the Magister has Pam in the basement, he asks about the blood. Eric says he is selling it at the behest of someone else. The Magister asks: Sophie Anne? What do you do, blaspheme or commit treason? Both "Dire Crimes" and Eric goes silent, but Pam blurts out Bill Compton!!! This gives Eric the opportunity to get a plan together to get Sophie Anne without doing either and offending the Magister.

I will never doubt the BV again....

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan on July 12th 2010, 10:09 pm

I agree to everything, I do wonder though, what would be Russel's punishment for feeding his blood to the weres? Obviously his involvement with weres goes way back, and he is who Godric and Eric were looking for.
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister on July 12th 2010, 10:28 pm

Now that is a thought Sword Fight

Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet on July 13th 2010, 12:21 am

Mississippi and Louisiana have got some splanin' to do.

Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff on July 13th 2010, 12:32 am

It almost makes me wonder if Russell and Sophie Ann already have something going on. I do not mean romantically, but this whole V thing seems like a coincidence. Now, whether or not Sophie Ann knows about Russell trying to take over her territory...I don't know. Just a random thought to throw in there.

TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Imagine on July 15th 2010, 7:05 am

also, why has yvettas accent changed lol

It was heavy russian i think and now this episode i sounds American lol.
Imagine
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama on July 3rd 2011, 10:29 pm

Has anyone managed to come up with the 9 Crimes that this episode seems to contain? There's a lot of crimes going on: kidnapping, providing vampire blood, theft, etc. I haven't gone back to watch this episode since I thought to count: maybe I'll have some time this week, but I think that it is interesting that there might be 9 (though it seems like potentially more if you include things that are just morally ambiguous), though, for the sake of the name itself, I'll stick to crimes when I watch it for this. However, what made me thought of this was that moment that Bill has at the strip club when the dancer says: "its a hell you'll never get out of alive", and Bill realizes, in that moment, the pain of immortality, the crime of eternal life. That is one of the most powerful scenes of the series, in my opinion--up there with Godric meeting the sun.
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top