Please Login or Register!

Game of Thrones ( Future HBO show)

:: Off Topic :: TV Shows

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones ( Future HBO show)

Post  raki on February 19th 2010, 12:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Game of Thrones is HBO’s planned adaptation of the A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy book series. In Jan. 2007, HBO purchased the rights to author George R. R. Martin’s book series. Since that time the show runners, David Benioff and Dan (D.B.) Weiss, have been working with HBO to adapt the books for television. They have also been consulting with the author to ensure the TV series remains as true to the books as possible. The plan is for one book to translate to one season.

A Song of Ice and Fire is an ongoing fantasy series by American author George R. R. Martin. Dubbed “the American Tolkien” by Time magazine, GRRM has seen his series grow in popularity with the most recent release landing on the New York Times bestseller list. The books follow several powerful families as they struggle to gain control of the throne, all while an evil, supernatural force gathers on the outskirts of the kingdom. The thing that makes these novels unique among fantasy is their gritty realism. Heroes can fall, villains can triumph, those you though were good can turn out to be evil, those you thought evil can turn out to be good. And while there are magical and fantastical elements present in the series, they are rare and regarded as fairy tales by most characters. The series is expected to last seven books, four of which have already been published. The author is currently writing the fifth book and hopes to complete it soon.

I've been following this site/ blog they seem to have the most up to date info.

For more info on the books and author,

I love this series! Even if you don't follow this genre, the characters and plots are amazing and will make for an awesome show cheers

Last edited by raki on June 13th 2010, 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of Thrones ( Future HBO show)

Post  Linzy on February 19th 2010, 2:29 am

Thanks for posting Raki, it sounds interesting.
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk on February 22nd 2010, 7:34 pm

That sounds very interesting! I look forward to it. Thanks for posting.
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on February 22nd 2010, 8:49 pm

I love this series, and spend just as much time if not more looking for updates on the books / future show as I do with True Blood info. To be honest I'm more caught up in the next book in this series being released then I am the next Sookie book. Shocked The main reason for that is the much longer wait time in between releases, GRRM has been taking his sweet time with this last one.
I almost feel like I just confessed an evil crime with that statement but its true. lol

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on March 2nd 2010, 7:12 pm

HBO just gave the greenlight for the first season! *Happy Dance*

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie on March 2nd 2010, 8:15 pm

My husband got the first book for his birthday,and I'm thinking about reading it too. It sounds like it will be a very interesting show.
minnie
Fledgling
Fledgling

http://theredpeony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on March 2nd 2010, 11:27 pm

They are long and can get confusing at times but so worth it. If you can get past the first book I think you may get hooked Wink I'm in the process of re reading the series for the third time now. So excited to see that GRRM is making progress on the next book as it has been to long inbetween!

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on March 3rd 2010, 9:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First promo pic

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on May 26th 2010, 12:04 am

The writer of the popular TV blog Televisionary recently had a chance to watch the pilot of Game of Thrones.
"I watched the original Game of Thrones pilot last week and was blown away. HBO has knocked it out of the park with this one."
-Jace, who runs Televisionary.

.."the fact that Jace was “blown away” and that he is saying HBO “knocked it out of the park” is a very good sign. Jace is a well-respected blogger that has watched a ton of shows so for him to heap such superlative praise on a rough cut of a pilot is a good sign." ...winter-is-coming.net

Source:

Happy Dance Cheer Leader

I can't wait for HBO to release something for this...anything!

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on June 13th 2010, 10:44 pm

With the new teaser/ promo the released a picture of Sean Bean Eddard (Ned) Stark. I of course couldn't help myself but make a fan art...not a siggy yet not a background so not sure what you'd call it LOL

A little background (without being spoilerish) on Ned...

Eddard Stark, sometimes called "Ned", is Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, and Warden of the North. He and Catelyn Tully have five children, and he has a bastard son, Jon Snow. Eddard is known for his sense of honor and justice. Though his family finds him kind, some consider his reserved personality a sign of coldness and disdain.

From the age of eight, Ned was fostered by Jon Arryn at the Eyrie, alongside Robert Baratheon. Ned befriended Robert, and came to consider Lord Arryn a second father. After Ned's father and brother died by command of Aerys II, the king demanded that Arryn send him the heads of the two wards. Arryn refused and instead launched a rebellion, in which Ned and Robert joined as lords of their houses and chief commanders. Shortly before the final battles of the rebellion, Ned married Catelyn Tully, who had been betrothed to Ned's brother Brandon before his death. Ned was present, along with Howland Reed, at a tower on the Dornish border known as the Tower of Joy where his sister Lyanna died, an incident surrounded in mystery that haunted Ned ever after.

Once the conflict had ended and Robert had taken the throne, Ned returned home, bringing with him a bastard son, Jon, about whose origins he refused to speak, even to his own wife; he quickly silenced rumors that the boy's mother was the Dornish noblewoman Ashara Dayne. He spent the next fifteen years as Lord of Winterfell, a task he had never expected and did not always feel equal to; he rarely left his lands, and did not involve himself in the complex intrigues of the southern courts.

This give a peek at the history of Ned, and how his life leads up to where the series will start. I can't wait! bounce

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on June 13th 2010, 11:26 pm

When is it suppose to start?
Hopefully I have time read the books.
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed on June 14th 2010, 9:15 am

Will be checking this one out.

Magister
Magister

http://truebloodcouncil.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on June 14th 2010, 9:52 am

Linzy wrote:When is it suppose to start?
Hopefully I have time read the books.

All HBO is saying right now is 2011. They just started filming this summer. I would like to think it will be Summer, but many bloggers out there predict it may make the Fall line up.

Warning to all those interested in reading the books, George RR Martin has only finished the first four books, and really left his followers hanging for the last 5 years. I LOVE the series, but I hate how long he takes between books. I understand that he has a life, but at the rate he is going he won't finish this series. This is the topic of heated debate between readers. Many believe that since he is involved with the show it will take even more time from his writing the books. I'll admitt, they are much MUCH more complex then anything CH (sorry just using her as an example here..not knocking the Source) puts out there, so yes it will take more time to write them...but don't leave us hanging forever! Enough of my rant LOL If or when anyone decides to read the series feel free to pm me to chat about it! Wink

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on July 14th 2010, 7:36 pm

There has been lots of casting tids in the past few weeks, so here is a list with the great cast so far.

I'm really excited about Aidan Gillen as Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish, I can't imagine anyone who could look the part more!

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on September 10th 2010, 8:14 pm

One more reason to look forward to Sunday...

HBO has sent out an email and a tweet indicating that Game of Thrones will be included in their preview of upcoming shows prior to Sunday’s True Blood finale. Look for it to start at 8:40 PM. If it is anything like last time, the East Coast will get it before the West Coast. And Canada won’t get it at all. Thankfully HBO has assured us that they will post whatever they show to their site immediately after it airs. They’ve also promised a brand new Thrones promo image!

Cheer Leader

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on September 12th 2010, 10:33 pm

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on September 12th 2010, 11:17 pm

Loving all the new promo stuff!

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by raki on December 14th 2010, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on September 13th 2010, 1:34 am

I am really excited about this show. I am about halfway through the book. cheers
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on September 13th 2010, 10:34 am

Linzy thats great! Let me know what you think after you finish it Wink

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie on February 28th 2011, 7:08 pm

Watching the newest promo has me really excited for this show. I started reading the first book a month ago,but stopped because another book came out that I wanted to read first. When I'm finished with that book I'll pick up Game of Thrones again. The show looks super awesome! :)
minnie
Fledgling
Fledgling

http://theredpeony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on March 4th 2011, 9:26 am

HBO just gave Entertainment Weekly a new "full length" promo...

“HBO will present – for the first time – a sneak peek of the first episode of a new series when GAME OF THRONES EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW debuts SUNDAY, APRIL 3 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT). Following this one-time-only play, GAME OF THRONES EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW will be available immediately on hbo.com and HBO Go, and will be available on HBO On Demand beginning Monday, April 8.” — HBO Release Statement

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next