Please Login or Register!

Has True Blood gone as far as it can go?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has True Blood gone as far as it can go?

Post  Aslinn Dhan on July 7th 2011, 1:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Re: Has True Blood gone as far as it can go?

Post  lelama on July 7th 2011, 4:08 pm

It may be true that there are only so many people that want to watch a show about supernatural things that takes place in the South. I think that the person who wrote this article must be a glass-half-empty sort of person because True Blood has done amazingly well for a show. It has many loyal followers. Most of the people that I know have watched it, and some don't like it, and that's OK (even though I don't really understand). There's also a ton of people I know that watch it illegally online, or rent the DVDs after the season is over, and those people don't count in the ratings.

So I don't agree that True Blood has gone as far as it can go. It is, and always has been a very niche genre that isn't popular with everyone...but that doesn't mean it's "maxed out". I am just glad that it's gotten to all of the people that really do love it. So fewer new fans will come, but now they have most of their loyal fans, and I might say that's better anyway.
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy on July 7th 2011, 6:19 pm

TB is not nearly done. I think it will continue until CH publishes her last Sookie book... at least. And if AB wants to abandon ship before then, hopefully someone will take the reigns.

Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan on July 7th 2011, 6:36 pm

I don't think TB is done, in fact with careful planning of the story arcs there is still lots of story to tell, both the CH story and the creative bits of the story. I think the beauty of first season was that it was simply told, and the extra bits were not so obnoxious that you felt irritated and over whelmed, especially second season, but I think third pulled back from that a bit til the end when Sookie is told what she is. The way the story line looks as though it is going to happen, the fairy story line will be considerably weakened and hopefully it will not be so distracting....

I think the mistake of the writers is they thought they were being clever and tongue in cheek and everyone would get that, regardless of whether or not you had read the books, but if you are coming to the show without having read the books, the notion of the fae is pretty hard to swallow, especially for male viewers who watch the show from a whole other position than the female viewers. It is great to have all these female viewers but you also want male viewers as well to make the show work as a drama. As it is, the story arc seems very silly and it tends to turn people off, especially since not everyone reads the books. Now, most critics of the fae story line and many other faulty story lines are people who unabashedly declare they don't want to read the books...but really, I don't blame them... In comparison, there are more things wrong with the CH Books than there are with TB...one of the few exceptions being the way CH handles the fae in the human world...I actually liked the way she did that, far better than the way TB has....

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama on July 8th 2011, 9:32 pm

Aslinn Dhan wrote:...one of the few exceptions being the way CH handles the fae in the human world...I actually liked the way she did that, far better than the way TB has....

True, true, I concur... as they say.
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top