Please Login or Register!

The Borgias

:: Off Topic :: TV Shows

Go down

The Borgias

Post  TiffTiff on January 4th 2011, 10:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This show looks pretty awesome to me. I just finished reading a book on this crazy family and I think this show is going to be pretty fun to watch.

TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Re: The Borgias

Post  raki on January 4th 2011, 7:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up Tiff, I'll be checking this one out for sure!

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy on January 4th 2011, 9:15 pm

It does look like a great series.
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on April 19th 2011, 3:25 am

I've become addicted, the last two episodes sealed the deal for me and I am eagerly awaiting next weeks episode!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Francois Arnaud as Cesare Love Eyes

Spoiler:
I felt so bad for Cesare during Lucrezia's wedding, and even worse for her once her ass of a husband took her away. If Cesare needs to liberate any one its Lucrezia not that chick he danced with at the wedding!

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff on April 21st 2011, 8:14 pm

He can liberate me any day, but he has to wait in line with Eric Wink

Spoiler:
Doesn't his relationship with Lucrezia bother you though...she is his sister whichever way you look at it. The show plays him off as a good character, but anything I have ever read about him makes him a creep to me. I read up quite a bit on this family and....well I will keep it at that.

I am impressed with the cast and cannot wait for the next episode!

TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on April 21st 2011, 9:15 pm

Spoiler:

I can't help but adore them together. Does that make me crazy? I don't know let me show you some amazing fan art from tumblr, they just look great together. I guess its more the chemsitry between them in the scenes, I enjoy seeing Holliday Grainger and Francois Arnaud together... So much that I can look past the brother/sister thing for just a moment.
Don't get me wrong... I'm not for the whole brother/ sister thing. So I understand the point you are making. Maybe reading the Game of Thrones and other book series broke me into dealing with that issue. By this point I just look at Jaime and Cersi like any other disfunctional couple. Shrug

I think that as the series moves on we will see Cesare grow into a much darker character. I plan to wait until after the season ends and then read up on the family history so I'm open to any book suggestions Tiff!

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff on April 22nd 2011, 11:50 am

Spoiler:
I understand what you mean, they have great chemistry. It just kind of grosses me out that they are brother and sister. I think I gave you one book suggestion and I am reading up on them more. If I had known they were making a show I probably wouldn't have read the book that I did read about them, the one I suggested to you. Is it me, or does that Cardinal that is trying to take down Rodrigo irritating? I do not like him and I don't think he really cares what Rodrigo has done, but he is angry because he couldn't be Pope. I kind of like Rodrigo even though his character is sooo corrupt.

TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on May 5th 2011, 9:16 pm

Still loving this series, and loving me some Cesare...

Twisted Evil

and I'd like to be the next in line to bitch slap Jaun..way to go Rodrigo!

Loved this scene...

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy on May 6th 2011, 1:04 am

I am going to dedicate this weekend to watching this. It sounds really good from your descriptions.
I have been stuck on watching the Camelot series on Starz which is also pretty good.
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff on May 6th 2011, 9:12 am

Those are some fantastic pictures of Cesare!

Too bad Rodrigo didn't pimp slap with his Pope ring, that would have been priceless!

TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  raki on May 6th 2011, 9:42 am

Linzy wrote:I am going to dedicate this weekend to watching this. It sounds really good from your descriptions.
I have been stuck on watching the Camelot series on Starz which is also pretty good.

I've been watching Camelot like crazy as well, love Eva Green as Morgan!! But you MUST check out this series, between the big 3 new shows (Game of Thrones, The Borgias, Camelot) this is my fave so far. Ok so its a tie with Game of Thrones, but I don't know anything spoilery about this show so it gets a little extra bump lol

Check your msg box, I'll send you a link for the episodes asap! Wink

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Off Topic :: TV Shows

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum