Please Login or Register!

Cast of Characters- The Witches and Wiccans

Go down

Cast of Characters- The Witches and Wiccans

Post  Aslinn Dhan on August 15th 2010, 2:06 pm

Characters whose names appear in Orange are in the books only

Amelia Broadway

Amelia Broadway is an up and coming witch that appears in Definitely Dead. She was the landlady of Sookie's cousin Hadley in New Orleans. She accidentally turns a fellow witch named Bob into a cat (that Sookie and Amelia keep as a pet). She promptly leaves the city of New Orleans with Sookie to stay until things blow over. Her father is a very wealthy and well known building contractor in the lumber business. She is also bisexual and had a brief relationship with Pam before she begins a relationship with Tray Dawson.

Holly Cleary

Human. Wiccan. Barmaid with Sookie at Merlotte’s. She is introduced in the second novel, Living Dead in Dallas, and is a minor character throughout the books though her character is further developed in the fourth book, Dead to the World. Holly had married right out of high school and gotten divorced within five years. As a Wiccan, not a witch, Holly practices a little witchcraft but is primarily interested in the Wiccan life.[33] She has a son, Cody, who is five years old when Holly is introduced. None of the humans in Bon Temps know she follows the Wiccan religion. Later in the books, Holly starts dating Hoyt Fortenberry. Lauren Bowles portrays Holly on HBO's adaptation of the books, True Blood.

Marnie Stonebrook
Also known as Hallow Stonebrook. She was a witch and werewolf (who also drinks vampire blood), and was portrayed as being tall, slim and broad-shouldered with short brown thick hair. She led the coven trying to grab a large chunk of the Shreveport vampires' businesses and money. When Sookie tried to “listen” in, Hallow sensed that someone was reading her mind. After she un-hexed Eric, she was eventually killed by Pam.

In Season four, Marnie is witch and necromancer who brings a bird back to life and is willing more or less to force the other witches in the coven to do what she wants , namely use rituals and spells that involve the dead...

Mark Stonebrook

The brother of Hallow and he is killed in the battle in the fourth book.

Octavia Fant

Octavia is a witch and Amelia's mentor and teacher. She is the primary person that Amelia is hiding from after she moves in with Sookie. After Octavia tracks Amelia down, she ends up staying with Sookie and Amelia for a short time before returning to New Orleans with her boyfriend, Louis, who she'd lost touch with during Hurricane Katrina.

Jesus Velesquez

A nurse working at a nursing home where Lafayette’s mother is, he seems to be a witch practitioner of some sort who recognizes some level of magikal ability in Lafayette.

Bob the Cat

Bob was the hapless boyfriend of Amelia Broadway. He was accidentally transformed into a cat after a rather adventurous night of sex after some heavy magik. Octavia Fant finally returns him to his true form.

Miss Jeanette (RIP)

A Hoo Doo exorcist who is actually a fraud, gives Tara and Lettie Mae an exorcism and though she is found out by Tara to be a fraud, Lettie Mae still believes in her. She is killed and found in the back of Andy Bellefleur’s car. It was later discovered, by the audience at least, that she was murdered by Mary Anne and Eggs. I add her here because even though she was a fraud, her use of ritual did conjure Mary Anne.

Sources: Wikipedia, The Sookie Stackhouse Novels, Daydreaming http://black-celebration.net/caps/index.php?cat=376 Screen Caps

Last edited by Aslinn Dhan on July 1st 2011, 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Re: Cast of Characters- The Witches and Wiccans

Post  Aslinn Dhan on August 22nd 2010, 1:03 pm

If I have left anyone out, please let me know by way of PM so I can add it to the original post so all information is on one post... thanks bunches

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan on July 1st 2011, 8:29 pm

I updated this thread...let me know if something is missing...

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down